Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hettie graduates

Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 4:01:08 PM
Subject: Silvia Lange's CCI pup Hettie set to graduate next Friday


Hello,

My husband and I met Silvia through Canine Companions for Independence. She was one of the most kind, generous, compassionate, creative, humorous people I have ever met, and I miss her terribly! The last puppy she was raising came to live with us after Silvia disappeared. Hettie is nearing the end of her Service Dog training and should graduate as a hearing dog next Friday (June 24) at the CCI campus in Santa Rosa. It is customary for CCI puppy raisers to make a small photo album of each dogs ‘early years’ to present to the dogs new partner. With your permission, I would love to include some of the wonderful pictures you have of Silvia and Hettie, Silvia and Neria and Silvia with Neri’s last litter. I will also include a two part poem Silvia wrote for us, when Hettie’s litter was born and when the litter received their names. I am also hoping to honor Silvia in some way at the graduation, perhaps a photo and comments in the graduation program and/or graduation slide show. Silvia’s love and nurturing are evident in the affectionate, confident, well mannered working dog that Hettie has matured into. I am thrilled that Hettie will fulfill the plans Silvia had for her, i.e. to help someone live a more independent life.



Best Regards,


Mary Roseberry

No comments:

Post a Comment